Kizhi Museum Reserve is one of Russia’s unmissable attractions and by far the most visited of Lake Onega’s 1600+ islands. It is home to dozens of the 18th- and 19th-century wooden buildings which were moved here from Karelian villages during Soviet times. The true marvel is the wooden Church of the Transfiguration (the church of twenty-two wooden domes) built in 1714 without the use of a single nail which has survived the challenges of Russian winters and revolution.


Subscribe to our mailing list and never miss out on interesting news and special offers!

* indicates required